Contacting a Student Advisor
The student advisors in the UC Business School can assist you in a variety of ways from planning your degree to helping with special applications regarding your course of study.
If you are visiting from out-of-town and would like to arrange an appointment, email us at email@example.com
Book online to see a UC Business School Student Advisor (this works best on a campus computer).
Please follow these guidelines when booking your appointment:
- Write your name, ID number (not your usercode) and contact number. We need a contact number in case we have to cancel your appointment due to illness or other unforeseen circumstances.
- Appointments are for 15 minutes only. If you have a complicated enquiry book two timeslots, one after the other. A complicated enquiry includes the checking of CA ANZ/CPA Australia/ACCA requirements and/or double degree plans.
- We do not take appointments outside the hours of 10am and 4pm.
- We do not take appointments on weekends or public holidays or days the University is closed.
- You should book appointments in the current week only.
If you cannot make your appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your appointment details to cancel it.
Appointments are the ideal way to:
- Check if you will meet degree requirements (points check, compulsory courses for your major or your endorsement, CA ANZ/CPA Australia/ACCA requirements, double degree cross-credits)
- Check your degree planning or assist you with your degree planning
- See about exceptions that may be available for your degree (concurrent enrolment, prerequisite exemption, NCEA waivers for ACCT 103 etc, points shortfall of 6 points or less)
- Seek advice about academic progress concerns.
You can email email@example.com for queries to do with your degree, such as:
- Enrolment issues, including prerequisite failures in myUC when you have met prerequisites from previous study or credit transfers
- To check if you will meet degree requirements (points check, compulsory courses for your major or your endorsement). If it is too complicated to do by email we will ask you to book an appointment
- Course selection options due to postponed or cancelled courses
- Completed applications for exemptions (where we do not need to see original transcripts)
- Other quick queries regarding your degree.
Between Monday - Friday, 9am - 4pm, you can drop-off your applications for processing to our reception area, including:
- Completed transfer or credit applications where you are paying by cheque or credit card
- Completed Exemption from prerequisite/concurrent enrolment applications
- Transcripts – the reception team can photocopy and verify these if we require them (and for transfer or credits).
The Uc Business School Student Advisors office is Room 209 on Level 2 of the Business and Law building (map)