Haere mai, Welcome to UC Business School Te Kura Umanga
As Pro-Vice-Chancellor, I am pleased to welcome you to UC Business School Te Kura Umanga. Both the academic faculty and administrative support staff in the School are committed to offering you the opportunity to gain an internationally recognised qualification with courses underpinned by leading-edge research in a vibrant learning environment.
UC Business School is accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. AACSB Accreditation is the hallmark of excellence in business education, placing the School in the top five percent of the world's business programmes.
The School is home to an extensive range of undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications that prepare you to be work-ready in a diverse world.
Is committed to teaching and research excellence and enjoys extensive links with leading university business schools around the world.
Has strong links with government and the local and national business community. These links present our students with a number of opportunities to carry out project work in real-world situations providing them with an insight into the world of business.
Has generations of graduates who have successfully completed their studies in commerce subjects ranging from accounting, taxation, economics, finance and information systems to management, to management, marketing and organisational development. Our alumni have forged successful careers all over the world, making notable contributions to business, government and public service.
Professor Sonia Mazey
College of Business and Law
Our Purpose, Vision and Values
In the Business of Making a Difference – Ko te whakapiki mana tā mātou mahi
We believe that knowledge creation and dissemination enables individuals to make positive changes to communities. In a fast-changing, global environment, we also recognise the need to develop resilient Business graduates with the skills and personal attributes required to drive innovation and sustainable growth within Christchurch, the Canterbury region, Aotearoa New Zealand and beyond.
To provide a learning and research community that is:
- Internationally relevant, yet distinctively Aotearoa New Zealand
- Resilient, innovative and experiential
- Collegial and inclusive
- Engaged with our community and industry partners
- Globally aware
We aspire to be:
- A place of learning for students and staff who want to build a better world
- Ranked among the highest performing university business schools in Australasia and, for key areas, to be recognised globally for our pre-eminence
- An integral component of the Canterbury region’s business and community eco-systems
- Deeply connected with industry and research partners locally and globally
- Academic freedom, intellectual curiosity and innovation
- Integrity, ethical practice and sustainable development
- Diversity in the community of students and staff
- Biculturalism and the Treaty of Waitangi