Welcome to the School of Business and Economics
As Pro-Vice-Chancellor, I am pleased to welcome you to the School of Business and Economics. Both the academic faculty and administrative support staff in the School are committed to offering you the opportunity to gain an internationally recognised qualification with courses underpinned by leading-edge research in a vibrant learning environment.
The School of Business and Economics is ranked within the world top 100 for Accounting and top 200 for Economics (2012/13 QS World University Rankings). We are home to New Zealand's oldest Bachelor of Commerce degree, established in 1906 by Sir James Hight. We have been the choice for many distinguished New Zealanders and international alumni including New Zealand Prime Minister John Key. UC is committed to offering you the opportunity to gain an internationally recognised qualification with courses underpinned by leading-edge research in a vibrant learning environment.
Our School values:
- Academic freedom, intellectual curiosity and innovation
- Student-centered learning and teaching
- Diversity in the community of scholars and students
- Integrity and ethical practice
- Is committed to teaching and research excellence and enjoys extensive links with leading university business schools around the world.
- Has strong links with government and the local and national business community. These links present our students with a number of opportunities to carry out project work in real-world situations providing them with an insight into the world of business.
- Has generations of graduates who have successfully completed their studies in commerce subjects ranging from accounting, taxation, economics, finance and information systems to management, to management science, marketing and organisational development. Our alumni have forged successful careers all over the world, making notable contributions to business, government and public service.
College of Business and Law